Experiencing symptoms like high BP, chest pain, fatigue, heartburn. Get your heart checked. Consult our experts.
The people who are most at risk for a major cardiovascular disorder are those who already have a disease involving our heart. In this considerable group, we can highlight high blood pressure, diabetes, dyslipidemia and obesity.
When should I Visit a Cardiologist?
Coronary Artery Disease (Heart Disease): Ischaemic involvement of the heart is so frequent that it is almost unlikely that you do not have at least one family member with a previous ischaemic disorder or cholesterol plaques attached to the arteries. The most important manifestation of this group is myocardial infarction, a significant cause of death.
Heart Failure: what happens when your heart can't pump blood like it used to? It fails. This is heart failure, and although it has dozens of causes, the most common are related to cardiac events (heart attack) and high blood pressure.
Arrhythmias: put your hand on your chest for a second. The heart is beating at a fixed rate, right? It may be faster in some cases (exercise) or slower in others (rest), but it always keeps a steady pace. When this rhythm is disturbed, arrhythmias appear, another important cause of cardiac consultation.
Valve problems: inside your heart, there are small valves that regulate the entry and exit of blood, so they are crucial to the functioning of the heart. Many diseases (rheumatic fever, heart failure, endocarditis, etc.) can alter the structure of these valves and therefore, their performance.
Heart attack (infarct): the most frequent reason for admission to the coronary care unit in cardiology? Well, the heart attack, without a doubt.
To prevent the complications, is it necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle, with a proper diet and exercise.
How Can We Help You?
- Cardio consultation
- Non-invasive Imaging Diagnosis
- Coronary CT or Non-Invasive Coronary Angiography: Thanks to the Aquilion One CT, a state-of-the-art scanner, it is possible to know the state of the coronary arteries and predict if the individual is at risk of suffering a myocardial infarction in the next 3 years
- Stress tests (stress ECG, exercise/bicycle/pharmacological stress echocardiograms, etc)
- Cardiac Resonance: This test is indicated to assess the heart in case of angina pectoris or heart attack. It is also used to study congenital diseases or to detect abnormalities that can lead to sudden death. Helps to assess the behaviour of the heart in stressful situations.
- Transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiograms
- Vascular imaging (carotid ultrasound, extremity arterial and Venous Duplex)
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Holter test for arrhythmia
First-level explorations are also carried out in this Unit
- Angio DMD
- Calcium Score
- Cardiac ultrasound
- Cardiac doppler
- Vascular ultrasound
- Arterial and venous vascular Doppler
- Cardiac Holter
Comprehensive treatment of patients with cardiac arrhythmias is offered, from the purely clinical aspect of this pathology to the invasive one, through electrophysiological studies, radiofrequency ablation, and implantation of devices such as insertable Holter monitors, pacemakers or automatic defibrillators.
English Doctor Barcelona: Specialists Tailored to Your Heart
At English Doctor Barcelona, our mission is to solve and prevent acute and chronic cardiovascular problems in our patients effectively and efficiently. Our cardiologists use the latest in heart testing to evaluate and diagnose cardiac disorders, offering the full range of non-invasive cardiology testing services.
We will evaluate you by performing various tests, such as checking your blood pressure, performing a physical exam and / or a stress test, as well as checking your heart and lungs. Other tests that may be done include recording the electrical activity of your heart or performing an ultrasound. When you need specialized care for your heart, our doctors will make you feel safe: they have been taking care of the city for years.
Ready to schedule an appointment? It's easier than ever.