Bloody stools, irregular bowel movements, abdominal pain, acid reflux, heartburn, constipation or diarrhea, are all triggers for scheduling a consultation with a gastroenterologist.
Gastroenterology examines the normal function and diseases of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver.
Common Digestive Disorders
· Irritable Bowel Syndrome - IBS (Crohn's disease)
· Celiac Disease
· Inflammatory Bowel Disease
· Gallbladder Disease
· GERD (Heartburn, Acid Reflux - Acid from the Stomach flows Backward up into the Esophagus)
· Polyps (Abnormal Tissue Growths)
· Ulcers (Painful Sores in the Stomach Lining)
· Tumours (Gastrointestinal, Liver, Pancreatic, Colorectal)
· Dysphagia (Esophageal Pain or Difficulty Swallowing)
Many diseases of the colon and rectum can be prevented or minimized by maintaining a healthy lifestyle, practising good bowel habits and submitting to screenings.
Colonoscopy is recommended for average-risk patients at age 50. If you have a family history of colorectal cancer or polyps, a colonoscopy may be recommended at a younger age.
The following screenings are available:
· Colon cancer screenings
· Colonoscopies and diagnostic colonoscopies
· Helicobacter pylori infection and its complications of peptic ulcer disease
· Stomach cancers, if seen in the family
· Upper endoscopies for the diagnosis and therapy of upper tract digestive disorders
English Doctor Barcelona
Schedule a visit with a gastroenterologist if you show signs of a digestive health disorder. There are thousands of gastrointestinal diseases, and the symptoms can be confusing. At English Doctor Barcelona, we ensure that you reach an effective, safe diagnosis and treatment.