Hepatitis B virus
Hepatitis B is a liver disease that can cause mild illness lasting a few weeks, or it can lead to a serious, lifelong illness. This vaccine is used to help prevent infection from the Hepatitis B virus. Hepatitis B infection can cause serious problems including liver failure, long-term hepatitis B infection, cirrhosis, and liver cancer. This vaccine works by helping the body produce immunity that will prevent you from getting an infection from Hepatitis B virus.
Hepatitis B is spread when blood, semen, or other body fluid infected with the hepatitis B virus enters the body of a person who is not infected. People can become infected through:
- Birth (if a pregnant person has hepatitis B, their baby can become infected)
- Sharing items such as razors or toothbrushes with an infected person
- Contact with the blood or open sores of an infected person
- Sex with an infected partner
- Sharing needles, syringes, or other drug injection equipment
- Exposure to blood from needlesticks or other sharp instruments
Most people who are vaccinated with Hepatitis B vaccine are immune for life.
Check our price list.
Need an appointment?
Contact us through WhatsApp: http://wa.link/6crl3c
An allergic reaction could occur after the vaccinated person leaves the clinic. If you see signs of a severe allergic reaction (hives, swelling of the face and throat, difficulty breathing, a fast heartbeat, dizziness, or weakness), call 061 or 112 and get to the nearest hospital.